Camera+ Updated to 1.2. It Really is the Ultimate Photo App
Camera+ by tap tap tap has been updated to version 1.2 and this is the update we’ve been waiting for. This is a huge update for the app — more than its incremental .1 upgrade implies. Version 1.2 really is the “ultimate photo app”.
The complete What’s New is listed below. The separate Focus and Exposure features are very nice — the gestures take a little experimentation and getting used to — but what puts Camera+ over the top and into awesome is the picture taking speed, what I call “reload time”. In a word, fast. very fast. Now, Camera+ lets you fire off more than 1 shot per second. For photographers who like to take multiple rapid shots to either get the perfect photo or for safety shots, this feature alone makes the upgrade. My biggest complaint about the app in previous versions was the several second lag between photos. Now, Camera+ is nearly as fast as the iPhone 4′s speedy new camera.
A full LoFi review is coming soon. I know this app has already sold a jillion copies (okay, more like around 300,000), but I’m glad I held off reviewing until this version. It’s still $1.99 “for a very limited time” in the App Store, but it’s rumored to go up to $4.99 at any time. Camera+ version 1.2 is an excellent photo app and worthy of the buzz, hype and excitement.
What’s New In Version 1.2
- [Camera+ exclusive] Touch Exposure: set exposure separately from focus for the ultimate control of your shots (touch with a second finger to control exposure)
- [Camera+ exclusive] Touch Focus: better than tap to focus because you can continuously drag the focus box around until your shots are in perfect focus
- [Camera+ exclusive] Photo Flashlight: use the iPhone 4 LED flash as a continuous fill light to improve photo quality, especially for portrait and macro shots
- speed of photo taking is now lightning fast
- the high quality zoom control now works on iOS 4
- stabilizer improvements
- detailed metadata is now uploaded to photos shared on Flickr
- fixed a bug where the camera shutter button would stop functioning
- fixed a bug where photos wouldn’t display in the Lightbox on an iPad when in 2× magnification mode #weird
- various minor bug fixes and enhancements
App Store link: Camera+