I don’t know how I missed this back in February, but here’s a pretty cool piece of gear — the SnapMountâ„¢ Tripod Mount for iPhone 4.
As the popularity of iPhone photography grows, so has the number of devices to mount an iPhone to a tripod. They range from spring-loaded clamps all the way to the supremely cool OWLE Bubo. If you’re looking for a lightweight and inexpensive tripod mount, the SnapMountâ„¢ looks like it’s worth checking out.
SnapMountâ„¢ is an easy to use, versatile tripod mount for iPhone 4. It has some cool features designed in, including easy access to all ports and controls, two threaded mounts for landscape or portrait mounting, and easy snap-on/snap-off use. It securely holds your iPhone 4 around all four corners to reduce the risk of it slipping out of the mount. It works with any tripod with standard 1/4″ threading. The SnapMountâ„¢ is bulkier but looks more secure and substantial than the comparably-priced glif.
Other features include:
- Works for both AT&T and Verizon iPhone 4
- All iPhone external controls available, including headphone jack, volume up/down buttons, speakers, and 30-pin dock connector; and no portion of the screen is blocked
- Also works as a standâ€”stands upright on any flat surface without needing a tripod
- iPhone can be charged while mounted
- Recessed areas ensure most external headphone jack attachments will fit while using SnapMountâ„¢
- Small and lightweightâ€”weights only 0.7oz (20 grams)
- Reinforced brass threaded inserts ensure a secure hold to any tripod with standard 1/4 in. threading