MINA at Fringe
Mobile Visual Art Showcase
Feb 10 – March 3, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
Submit your mobile photography and mobile films for show & screen events at the Fringe Festival 2012.
More info and links after the jump. >>>
Shoot and share. Showcasing the creative edge use of mobile technology in visual arts; photography and moving image. Locally. Globally.
The use of mobile phones in the creation and distribution of creative content in the hands of both amateurs and professionals is rapidly growing. In New Zealand, at the forefront of this new art form is MINA (Mobile Innovation Network Aotearoa), brining together a collective of mobile content creators both locally and internationally.
MINA at Fringe presents a combination of a mobile visual showcase and “pop-up” public screenings around the Wellington Fringe Festival Festival 2012.
Content is exclusively created on mobile devices, primarily from iPhone, Android and Symbian platforms and includes photography (“phoneography”, “iPhoneography”) and moving image (“micromovies”, “mobile-mentaries”).
Artists from New Zealand and around the world can submit their mobile films and photography content to be shown at MINA at Fringe showcases and pop-up screenings.
For this occasion MINA curated a mobile photography show-reel including 34 mobile photographers from around the world
Mobile photography and mobile films can now be submitted till the 20th February 2012.
To submit your mobile photography or film, simply email them to firstname.lastname@example.org within the specified time-frames.
For MINA at Fringe, MEA Mobile have added a special MINA portal within their vintage 8mm film iPhone app “iSupr8″.
Users of the app can directly submit any of their iSupr8 videos for show at MINA at Fringe.
Fringe-goers and participants can use their mobile devices to shoot and upload their own experiences during the Festival.
Submit your mobile work and be part of Wellington Fringe 2012!
Check the MINA website, follow MINA on tumblr and Facebook for screening times, updates and further information.
Fringe 2012 website: capitaltimes.co.nz/Fringe-Festival
To email submissions or for additional info: email@example.com
MINA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/MINA/160774357354639
MINA on tumblr: minanz.tumblr.com
MINA website: mina.pro
MINA on Twitter: @ MINAmobile and #minaatfringe
iSupr8 App: share.isupr8.com
• Mobile-platform based photography and films accepted only.
• Images must be shot and edited on mobile devices [ie. iPhone, Android or Symbian platforms etc.]
• Images taken on non-mobile devices such as digital cameras, DSLRs etc will not be accepted [EXIF data may be checked to ensure authenticity]
• Maximum of five (5) works per artist.
• Photo image formats: 72dpi, RGB, jpeg.
• Films: mp4, QuickTime, max 2minutes in length.
• Include artist name, city/country of residence, title of work.
• Works will be shown in public – please keep this in mind when submitting content.
• MINA has the right to reject content it deems inappropriate for showing.
• By submitting your works you agree to let MINA use these works in a public screening(s) for the duration of the Fringe Festival and digitally on the MINA website, Facebook and tumblr sites until further notice.
• You give MINA the right to show and/or reproduce your work in promotional material and for publicity purposes.
• Your work will not be sold and no compensation will be given for works shown.
• Artists retain full ownership of their work.
• MINA is not obligated to show all work submitted.
• Artist credits and titles of work may not appear when your work is shown – MINA will endeavor to acknowledge all artists and work titles where possible.
Curators of the submitted works are Dr. Max Schleser (lecturer, researcher, filmmaker) and Andrew B. White (iPhone photographer).