Just days after the release of PhotoForge2 version 2.0.1, the 2.0.2 update has been submitted to the App Store for review. It should street in a few days.
It’s more than just a bug-fix release and actually pretty beefy for 2.0.x update. In addition to the fix for project bug introduced in the v2.0.1 update, several new features have been added in addition to several fixes.
Although it will run on an iPad, this update doesn’t have native iPad support, which is planned for a future update. Click past the jump for the full list.
From the PhotoForge2 website, here’s what’s new in PhotoForge2 2.0.2:
- Added Rotation Editor.
- Added Vignette Editor (8 different vignette styles with full intensity control).
- Added Color Balance Adjustment Editor.
- Added Colorize Adjustment Editor.
- Added Device to Device image transfer. You can now easily transfer photos between your devices.
- Added ability to invert layer masks.
- Changed the behaviour of the shadows & highlights adjustment to give much better results.
- Greatly improved performance of crop and layer transform tools.
- Fix for projects not loading properly after update to previous version.
- Fix for graphical corruption when repeatedly cropping huge images.
- Fix for rare bug on iOS 4.2.1 that may cause app to become unresponsive when no wifi connection is available.
- Minor graphics improvements and fixes and a few minor bug fixes.
PhotoForge2 is still priced at $2.99 for the next couple of days. PhotoForge2 requires at least iOS 4.2. It will run on any device that can install iOS 4.2 or greater. This includes iPhone 3G or newer, iPod Touch 2nd gen or newer, and all iPads.
More info is on the PhotoForge2 blog.